Sonorus: Feminist Perspectives on Harry Potter Issue 3
Compilation/Submission based zine edited by Kirsty Rowles, Emily Harper, and Cath Elms in the UK
‘Sonorus: Feminist Perspectives on Harry Potter’ is a fanzine dedicated to what feminists think of the Harry Potter series (including the books, the films, the cultural phenomenon and the fandom), for Harry Potter fans to look at the series in another way, and to put the spotlight on the numerous female characters in the world J.K. Rowling has created.
Issue 3 includes:
- Wit beyond Measure is Bought with Man’s Treasure
- Five Badass HP Women I’d Like to go on a Date With
- Five Femslash Pairings There Should Be More Of
- Veela, Gender and Sexuality
- On Balls
- Halfway Down the Stairs: Gender and the Hogwarts Dormitories
- Why I (sort of) Hate Ginny Weasley
- Seven Scenarios in which it might be Alright to Ship Dolores Umbridge with Minerva McGonagall
- Squibs and Disability in the Wizarding World
- Infatuation and the Female Fool in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Pureblood Laws, Muggle Relations and Social Change in Post-Voldemort Britain
- Teaching Potter
Send all questions and submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
more info found here: https://sonoruszine.wordpress.com/
About the Editors:
Kirsty is a Hufflepuff, feminist and professional nice person (i.e. charity sector worker). She likes bright colours, lattes and talking excessively. One of the main barriers in her commitment to social justice is her enduring attraction to Bellatrix Lestrange. This is her first time being editor of a zine, and she’s very excited about it. You can follow her on Twitter at @MsKirstyFace.
Devastated when she didn’t receive her Hogwarts letter aged 11, Emily decided to be an artist as it seemed the closest thing to magic a muggle could do. She now works as an illustrator, animator and Jill-of-all-trades creative person in the South of England. See her drawings at tinderboxillustration.blogspot.co.uk. You can follow her on Twitter at @emilymews.
Cath is a feminist musician, writer, zinester, activist and Ravenclaw. She writes dark cabaret music, writes a feminist zine called Here. In My Head., and is the co-chair of the Swansea University LGBT+ Network. Read her blog and listen to her music at www.catherineelms.co.uk. You can follow her on Twitter at @catherineelms.